This Page

has been moved to new address

Yikes! Someone Call Pest Control - Creepy Wall Silhouettes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Pretty Handy Girl: Yikes! Someone Call Pest Control - Creepy Wall Silhouettes

Friday, October 15, 2010

Yikes! Someone Call Pest Control - Creepy Wall Silhouettes

Dear fellow mouse loving bloggers who have adorned your homes with these adorable mice silhouettes,

I admit it, I've been envious of your vermin. But, I knew I didn't want to look all over town for those Martha Stewart mice silhouettes. So I thought I could buy them online. Low and behold, I stumbled across the tutorial to make your own! Thank you Martha. So, I downloaded the template here.

And, we set about cutting our own out of construction paper. I remembered that I had saved the excess chalkboard vinyl material from this Wallies set.


So, we used the excess to cut the mice and some other creepy critters I drew.

I'm sharing the template with you so you can make your own out of construction paper or if you happen to keep everything have some black vinyl laying around.


The boys had fun decorating.

 

And they just love trying to pet the spiders.


I just adore how my boys are fearless of creepy crawlies (both wall art and the real deal.)

Anyone else not afraid of spiders? I don't like them in my house (and I've been known to kill a black widow), but I recognize that they are necessary in my yard (NOT IN MY HOUSE!)

You may also like to check out these decorating parties for more creepy Halloween decorating ideas:

Visit thecsiproject.com



Also sharing these creepy critters at these Link Parties:
Mad in Crafts - Mad Skills Party
All Thingz Related- anything related Tuesdays



Labels: , , , , ,

24 Comments:

At October 15, 2010 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Sawdust Girl said...

B, I LOVE those spiders. Totally making some of those babies! Thanks for not making me look all over town for the template!

 
At October 15, 2010 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Glory said...

Wow! I love these. They're a lot like my Faux Window cats. I'm totally adding these to my home!

 
At October 15, 2010 at 3:25 PM , Blogger GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Thank you for sharing the link for these templates! I saw these little mice on another blog and thought they were so cool (this coming from someone who is totally skeeved by real mice). Guess what is going on my stair steps... my grandchildren have a wacky Mom-Mom!

Kindly, ldh

 
At October 15, 2010 at 7:28 PM , Blogger michelle said...

I love them! Ok, I took the easy way out and purchased the mice and spiders, but know I can use the templates for the bats!

 
At October 15, 2010 at 8:20 PM , Blogger kathie said...

Hilarious! There are a couple of spider rings floating around here & it is totally freaking me out when i see one on the floor, even though rationally I know they're not real. Your's are so cute & festive!

 
At October 15, 2010 at 8:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the link and your drawings. I'm looking forward to trying this out. I'll let you know how it goes!

 
At October 15, 2010 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Mindy said...

Those spiders are awesome! Thank you for the templates!

Visiting from Tatertots and Jello. :)

 
At October 16, 2010 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Houseful of Handmade said...

This is such a cute idea! I have black vinyl coming next week that may just have to turn into a couple spiders. Came over from Tatertots and Jello.

 
At October 16, 2010 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Sawdust Girl said...

Hey girl, I just spotlighted this post. Thanks for linking up this week!

:-) Sandra

 
At October 16, 2010 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Katie said...

LOVE this!!! Found you and now following you from the Sawdust & Paperscraps link party!

 
At October 16, 2010 at 2:25 PM , Blogger BillieBee (billiemick) said...

LOLLLLL....so cute!

 
At October 16, 2010 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Alyssa said...

These are on my 'must do this week' list, specifically the mice and now the spiders. Thanks for the templates for those, too!

 
At October 16, 2010 at 4:54 PM , Anonymous Corinna said...

I LOVE these. Thank you soooo much for telling us where to find the template! :)

Corinna

 
At October 16, 2010 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Love the spider version! Great idea! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

 
At October 16, 2010 at 10:28 PM , Blogger Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

These just made me smile, they are perfect for Halloween decor! Great job.

 
At October 16, 2010 at 11:36 PM , Blogger Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Brittany,
Hi! I just found your blog again while visiting from Funky Junk's party.

I wanted to thank you because when I first started refinishing furniture, I had come across your blog and read your lovely little quote, "If a human can do it, than there is 95% chance that you can, too!" I can't tell you how many times I have reminded myself of that quote when I felt less than confident about a piece that I was working on! Thank you! I am your newest follower! :)
Kim

 
At October 17, 2010 at 2:54 AM , Blogger Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

This is so adorable! You used just enough and at the right places. Very effective, I would say.

 
At October 17, 2010 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Erin @ The Little Apartment said...

Mice and rats DEFINITELY scare me. Ugh. I'd scare myself if I put those on the wall! (;

 
At October 18, 2010 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Sherry from Alabama said...

What a great idea, but I don't think I'll be buying any for my home unless they have them in cute little kittens or bunnies. I am the poster right before you on Metamorphosis Monday and just wanted to drop in and say hi! It's very nice to meet you!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

 
At October 18, 2010 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Life in Rehab said...

We did the mice and some of our own bats, but I hadn't thought of spiders! Thanks for the idea!

 
At October 19, 2010 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Oh my goodness -- I love the spiders hanging!! This is awesome! :)

 
At October 19, 2010 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Woohoo! I love those spiders!! I already have the mice around the fireplace - I can't wait to put up the spiders! Thanks for the download - that was so sweet.

 
At October 19, 2010 at 5:08 PM , Blogger dana said...

ooo, i love your mice and spiders! So cute. I may have to add some of those

 
At October 24, 2010 at 11:36 PM , Blogger Ashlee Marie said...

very fun! I totally need a vinyl cutter for all these fun ideas! Thanks for Linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home