This Page

has been moved to new address

Glass Bead Magnets - Magnetic Attractions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Pretty Handy Girl: Glass Bead Magnets - Magnetic Attractions

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Glass Bead Magnets - Magnetic Attractions

Two weeks ago I happened upon this post HERE detailing how to make push pins with glass beads. The very next day my boys and I picked out glass beads and the rest of the supplies at AC Moore.


Materials:

Scissors or X-acto blade
Glass Beads (clear)
Strong circular magnets
Old paint brush
Modge Podge
Pencil
E-6000 adhesive glue

My 3 and 6 year old were so excited when I pulled out the Oriental Trading Catalog and a few other magazines and asked them to pick out their favorite pictures. I showed them how to place the glass bead on top of the images to see how their pictures would look.



Next traced around the pictures and cut them out with an x-acto knife.



Then I let my 6 yr. old paint modge podge on the picture front.


We centered the glass bead on top of the picture. Then my son sealed the picture by coating the back of the image with modge podge.



After the beads dried, we took out the magnets. I applied a dab of E-6000 glue to the magnet...

...then set the glass bead on top.


Within 30 - 45 minutes they were dry and hardened.

And now we have custom glass bead magnets. I chose mostly black and white images and graphic numbers and letters for my set.



The kids on the other hand – well, let's just say they do love their Noggin shows!


Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At July 14, 2010 at 2:33 PM , Blogger idesign said...

Love this, great project!

 
At July 14, 2010 at 4:20 PM , Blogger Sawdust Girl said...

no AC for 2 days!!! I'm sorry. Our AC blower went out last summer right before we went on vacation so we had to have our neighbor who's son in law is an AC tech take care of it for us. We went to France for 10 days and when we got back, nice and cool. We have such nice neighbors. Hope you get yours back up and running soon!

 
At July 15, 2010 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Chelsey Austin said...

those are so cute! I am going to have to make some, a bit easier for me than a bench lol =)

 
At July 29, 2010 at 4:54 AM , Anonymous Catherine said...

got 7 weeks off school for the Summer so am going to make these beads out of anything and everything! thanks

 
At August 10, 2010 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Breanna said...

These are really cute! I could see them making a cute gift with a fun magnetic writing pad ('to do' list or something) and a matching pen. Great thinking!

 
At August 11, 2010 at 1:38 AM , Blogger Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

How cool! I love the graphic numbers and letters.

 
At December 16, 2010 at 5:46 AM , Anonymous glass paint said...

beautiful glass bolls.i will make these beads in my coming holidays.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home