This Page

has been moved to new address

Guest Appearance on Remodelaholic

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Pretty Handy Girl: Guest Appearance on Remodelaholic

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Guest Appearance on Remodelaholic

I am so excited that my "Closet turned into a Reading Nook" post is being featured today on Remodelaholic! If you haven't seen the project, it was a three day labor of love for my youngest son. I had a free weekend while Pretty Handsome Guy took the boys camping. Working with wood and power tools is how I chose to spend my free time!

Now, back to Remodelaholic. I'm sure you all have been to or heard of Remodelaholic. If you haven't, well you are missing out on loads of DIY fun!


Cassity is the head honcho over at Remodelaholic. She and her husband have transformed two homes and are in the process of working on their third home! She graciously takes her blog readers along for the adventures and mis-adventures of remodeling.

Her small bedroom renovation post is really entertaining to read. The room threw many challenges in their way, but who were they to let it stop them!

The room went from this:


To this:

And those pictures don't even begin to tell the whole story! Chiseling brick, ripping carpeting off the walls (yes, you read that right), and cheating the height of a window are some the highlights that she shared.

How many of you have boring garage doors? (ooo, ooo, me, me!) I am seriously trying to figure out if we can reface the garage doors to look like Cassity's carriage house style. She has a detailed tutorial on her site.




In between posting about her own remodeling achievements, she features DIY projects other bloggers have tackled. I get my DIY fix in daily doses by subscribing to Remodelaholic. I'm seriously addicted to reading her posts while waiting for my first grader at the bus stop. I think that is the true meaning of "Remodelaholic" - a person that is seriously addicted to reading Cassity's blog. Now head on over to Remodelaholic and get a dose of some DIY achievements and read about my son's closet that I turned into a reading nook.

Then don't forget to come back here and enter to win my end of the summer giveaway!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At September 16, 2010 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love your reading nook. It so cute! And congrats on the feature over at Remodelaholic! That's really great :)

 
At September 16, 2010 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

That reading nook is the BEST! I want to do one in our TV room .... maybe someday. :) LOVED seeing you over at Remodelaholic this morning! WOOHOO!!

 
At September 16, 2010 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks so great! I cannot even believe someone ever thought carpet should.... grow... that way. LOL

 
At September 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM , Blogger The Penny Parlor said...

Hi Brittany! I love your closet turned reading nook! It looks amazing! All your hardwork paid off! Thanks for sharing!

-Amanda

 
At September 16, 2010 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Remodelaholic said...

Thanks for the awesome shout out! And people are going nuts over your perfect closet redo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home