This Page

has been moved to new address

Fireplace Makeovers - Readers' Spotlight

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Pretty Handy Girl: Fireplace Makeovers - Readers' Spotlight

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fireplace Makeovers - Readers' Spotlight

Up on the rooftop click click click, down through the chimney with Good St. Nick!
AngledFireplace.jpg
I think about this song when I gaze at my beautifully painted fireplace. That's right, I said painted! Those bricks you see – well – they are bricks, but that isn't their real color. It is faux painted!

Last year this is what my fireplace looked like:
BeforeBrick.jpg

If you want to see how I did it, hop on over to Remodelaholic on Friday for the tutorial.

In the meantime, I want to share with you some other fabulously faux painted fireplaces. These three readers each contacted me after reading my post on faux painting brick and sent me photos of their fireplaces!

I think you will agree that they all did a fabulous job. Way to go gals!
"I came across your website looking for ideas on what to do with my painted white fireplace. After a year of living in the house, I couldn't take it anymore. The layers of paint were too thick to strip and refinishing would have cost too much right now. So I gave your helpful hints a try. I am amazed how great it turned out. Next, get rid of the awful tiles and put in wood flooring. Thank you so much for posting your refinished fireplace and how-to."

Thank you.
Pam Blackburn
Levittown, PA
Pam's Fireplace Before:
IMG_1548.JPG

Pam's Fireplace After:
IMG_2335.JPG

"Thought you'd be interested in seeing how your idea worked for me. Attached are before and after pictures. Thanks for your help - my fireplace looks awesome now - just have to buy a mantel."

Louise Russell
Louise's Fireplace Before:
127.JPG

Louise's Fireplace After:
IMG00006-20101127-1535.jpg

And finally, Megan took her fireplace in a different direction. She had an ugly red brick fireplace and turned it into a light taupe beauty.

"I found your great blog on the internet a few weeks ago and just wanted to thank you for giving my husband and I the courage to paint the fireplace in our new house! You really gave us the confidence we needed to try and brighten up our fireplace on our own! Thank you so much!! We had been quoted $1200 to have the bricks refinished, and I ended up spending about $30 with your method! The attached "after" shot was taken before I was completely finished, but it'll still give you an understanding of where everything was headed and how much of an impact your tutorial made on us! Thank you!!"

Megan Cahill
Megan's Fireplace Before:
Living Room Before.jpg

Megan's Fireplace After:
Living Room After.jpg

So what do you think? Are those amazing transformations or what? I think all three are definitely Santa-worthy now.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At December 2, 2010 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I really enjoyed seeing the fireplace makeovers. They were all great. That last one was a huge change. That wall was a whole bunch of everything going on in the before and the after wall looks likje great architectural detail.

 
At December 3, 2010 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Carmen and the Primcats said...

WOW! Great transformations!

Carmen and the Primcats

 
At December 3, 2010 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Julie Moon said...

I love it...I just posted on my blog today about my new mantle...fireplace makeover chez moi!
http://juliemoonphotography.com/blog/2010/12/03/the-mantel-is-up-just-julie/

 
At December 4, 2010 at 12:33 AM , Anonymous morganmadeit said...

Wow! That last makeover by Megan is amazing!
morganmadeit.net

 
At December 20, 2010 at 11:02 PM , Blogger Janie said...

Wow those look wonderful ! Amazing work !
HUGS,JANIE

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home