This Page

has been moved to new address

Wool Roses on a Stem

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Pretty Handy Girl: Wool Roses on a Stem

Friday, January 21, 2011

Wool Roses on a Stem

Hello my sweets! I'm definitely getting down with the sugar lingo just in time for Valentine's Day. And in honor of that day devoted to love, don't you think these felted wool roses would make a nice gift for that someone special in your life?


If you haven't already, learn how to make the rose heads, in the tutorial HERE.

Materials:
Hot Glue
Tacky Glue (or E-6000 but that is overkill)
Cardstock Scrapbook paper
Scissors
Sticks


Turn your roses over and snip off the middle flap.


Squeeze a fair amount of hot glue into the back center of the rose.


Then insert one stick into it.


Next fold your scrapbook paper in half.


Cut out a leaf shape with the stem landing on the fold.


Bend the stem down slightly.


Next make a crease along the length of your leaf.


Put a small dollop (I just love that word) in the middle of the two leaves to secure them together.


Next glue the stem of your leaf to the stick. I used hot glue, but half my leaves fell off. Therefore, I recommend using a tacky glue instead.

Who would you give these everlasting roses to?

Next up on Pretty Handy Girl: The same roses used to embellish a Goodwill sweater HERE.

Sharing this project at these FABULOUS link parties:

Visit thecsiproject.com
Funky Junk Interiors - Saturday Night Special 

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At January 21, 2011 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Jessa said...

Wow these are beautiful, what a great tutorial.

 
At January 22, 2011 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Those are beautiful Brittany!

 
At January 22, 2011 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Elle Uy said...

Ohh that is the cutest! Beats having to buy flowers every week! and cheaper too :)

 
At January 22, 2011 at 11:29 PM , Anonymous Joy Ellen said...

Did you change the colors of the roses in photoshop or a similar program?

 
At January 23, 2011 at 8:42 AM , Blogger - Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl said...

Joy Ellen, I made two sets of roses. Some black for a sweater. And the red ones for roses. I color correct all my photos in Photoshop if they need it. Hope that answers your question.

 
At January 24, 2011 at 12:41 AM , Blogger The Crafty Side Of Life said...

Those are so pretty! Great post!

Please come visit my blog and be a follower!! I'm hoping to get to 50 before the weekend is over!!!
Thanks!!

 
At January 25, 2011 at 9:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, these are darling! I've just made a paper rose wreath making my paper roses the same way you've made your felt ones! I love the way you used them on the sweater. You've got my little brain wheels turning! ;)
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

 
At January 25, 2011 at 2:10 PM , Blogger wienerhoneymooners said...

OMG I love these, I can't sew a lick, so these are an awesome project I can try. (no reply necessary!)
Have a great day.

 
At January 29, 2011 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Jen said...

These are super sweet. I just love felt :)
New follower, hope you come by to visit.
Cheers!
Jen
www.cariboobutterfly.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home