This Page

has been moved to new address

Mag-nolia-fying a Fall Wreath

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Pretty Handy Girl: Mag-nolia-fying a Fall Wreath

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mag-nolia-fying a Fall Wreath

I promised you that I'd be embracing Autumn. Well, I've been a busy girl and have been switching out the summer decor for some more seasonally appropriate reds, oranges, brown and greens.

Here is a little sneak peek from my mantle:


My Ballard Design Knockoff Pear has already found a spot to sit.

I promise to share more with you soon. (That is if you really want to see more.)

For those of you dragging your feet in the sand and hanging onto summer, feel free to enter my beach in a bottle giveaway from the Painted Cottage! A winner will be chosen at random on October 1st!


In an effort to spend less and store less, I've been trying to buy just 2-3 wreaths that I can switch up and tailor to meet the season. So a few months ago, I bought this little white bud wreath from Target (I think? Correct me if I'm wrong.)


It will be my springboard or base wreath for many seasons to come. The neutral white color works well with all colors and I can add other natural elements and ribbons to change the color palette.

When I saw how Kate, over at Centsational Girl, made a beautiful wreath with magnolia leaves, the light bulb went on for me.

 Centsational Girl's Wreath

My neighbor has a beautiful magnolia tree, so I asked if I could steal some of its fallen leaves. I filled a grocery bag with the ones that looked most interesting to me. Then brought them home, rinsed the dirt off of them and laid them out to dry.


After they dried, I started playing with them, and found that I could gently tuck them into the grapevine base frame. I fully intended to hot glue them in place, but they held tight and stayed on their own! I think they were so happy to be offered a second life that they gladly cooperated.


I tied a cotton ribbon (leftover from the tie on a stack of washcloths from Target). I just threaded it through the loop that came with the wreath.


And here is my super easy mag-nolia-fied fall wreath.


Labels: , ,

27 Comments:

At September 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Okie Chic said...

Soo pretty I love it!!

 
At September 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Maggie said...

Wow - that is lovely!

 
At September 23, 2010 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Robin Johnson said...

Love it! Your wreath looks fantastic! Love your "spend less, store less" motto!

 
At September 23, 2010 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Cassie Bustamante said...

i love that idea! you could even do it in the winter with holly leaves!

 
At September 23, 2010 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

Very pretty!

 
At September 23, 2010 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Tinamarie said...

So lovely - a very elegant "hello" to the season!

 
At September 23, 2010 at 8:06 PM , Blogger kathie said...

LOVE the wreath! It is so different & so elegant. What a great idea!

 
At September 23, 2010 at 8:09 PM , Blogger ClassyGal said...

I absolutely love your wreath! It's beautiful!

 
At September 23, 2010 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It is stunning. What a fabulous idea. I love your basic wreath and the magnolia leaves are just perfect. It is so simple and elegant. Love it. Hugs, Marty

 
At September 23, 2010 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

That looks very pretty!

 
At September 23, 2010 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

So pretty! I love the combination of the leaves and the white berries. They look great together.

 
At September 23, 2010 at 11:06 PM , Anonymous Jo said...

Looks super Brittany.
The great thing about Magnolia leaves is how robust they are. They don't crumble to nothing whilst you work with them so they're perfect for things like this.
Good job
Jo xx

 
At September 24, 2010 at 12:05 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

That is so smart to use the same wreath! It is just like having a simple white blouse that you can dress up or down...genius you are!

 
At September 24, 2010 at 12:18 AM , Blogger Tatum @ Tatum's Take said...

Your wreath looks great!! I never would have thought of that.

Great job.

Manymomentsofme.blogspot.com

 
At September 24, 2010 at 12:55 AM , Blogger Taija said...

Oh that is just gorgeous!

 
At September 24, 2010 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

What a gorgeous wreath! I love the contrast of light and dark -- it's just perfect! :)

 
At September 24, 2010 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Megan // Honey We're Home said...

OMG! So so pretty! I'm bookmarking this page so I can try to replicate it!

 
At September 24, 2010 at 9:36 AM , Blogger nest of posies said...

i have that very same NEST sign. it's the sweetest sign, isn't it???

your wreath turned out fantastic. love the combo of the white buds against the leaves. awesome idea.

thanks for linking up to the FALL FESTIVAL!!!

have a great weekend.

kellie

 
At September 24, 2010 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Just this... Alice said...

You have reafirmed my belief that plain and simple can still be oh so elegant. I look forward to seeing your Christmas wreath when you change out the leaves. Love your work!

 
At September 24, 2010 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Kate Riley said...

Absolutely lovely ! I really like the added touch with the ribbon. So festive, so fall! Come on over and link up to my 'autumn leaves' party. . . and thanks for the linky love!
xo
Kate

 
At September 25, 2010 at 8:47 PM , Blogger KimMalk said...

What a smart idea to buy wreaths with the intent of repurposing them for the seasons. This wreath is a homerun. I love all kinds of berries, as well as, magnolia leaves.

 
At September 27, 2010 at 2:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very clever! I love the idea of repurposing the wreath!
I'm visiting from the Fall Festival.
Cheers!
Theresa

 
At September 28, 2010 at 2:09 AM , Blogger The Mustard Seed said...

Beautiful wreaths... I love this idea.. Found you on This Blessed Nest's Fall Festival! I'm going to follow !!

Angel

 
At September 28, 2010 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Fowl Single File said...

Amazing, amazing, amazing! I love that all your decor looks so natural without being too rustic. I enjoy all the fall "stuff" you've posted recently. Keep 'em coming!

 
At October 4, 2010 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Brittany your 2 wreaths together are just beautiful! I love what you came up with. Thanks for stopping by. Gorgeous door!

 
At October 4, 2010 at 11:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning,

I came over via Rhoda....nice job love your wreath....

Nice to meet you, I will be back :)

We have a private family blog, I will be adding you to my blogroll.

All the best,
Kathy :)
jokaj@comcast.net

 
At November 11, 2010 at 7:25 PM , Anonymous Birgit K. said...

Ohh very pretty! Love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home